Cuttie pie and me!

Cuttie pie and me!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees Family and I

President Pingrees Family and I
My New mission Presidents family!

I'm gonna cut my hair!

I'm gonna cut my hair!
It's way too hot here!!!!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

The Killer Scorpion

The Killer Scorpion

I thought I was going to die!

I thought I was going to die!
SCORPION!!!!!

Jacob and Mallory!

Jacob and Mallory!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Letter # 72

August 22, 2011

WHAT A WEEK!!!!....

Ok...Susan's Baptism was INCREDIBLE!! There was a party for the Spanish branch @ the same time...but the spirit was so strong. She is doing GREAT! The lord is really blessing her physically with her cancer and health. She is telling her friends and family knows that smoking in her home is not appropriate any more! :) She is great! Received the Holy Ghost and when we raised our hands to welcome her, she was so funny, she started to wave to everyone! She is so good. ha ha ha! so cute

it was so cool too because after the baptism we went to eat the Mexican food at the party ;) (you know if there’s a party that's where I'll be) and we had the opportunity to meet Liz (leaving in 2 weeks on her mission to California), Katy (22-thinking about going...but lots of things r holding her back) and Hanna (an 18 yr old girl you would never guess would want to serve...but if you look close, you can see what's inside) ! I was able to bear testimony to them of what my 18 months has been like for me and why it truly is the best thing in the entire world! they all kept coming to me and asking questions and their eyes really wanted to know. to me I feel so happy, this work is not done when I take off the badge (which isn't happening, I'm going to wear one under my shirt ha ha!) but really it goes deeper. this job is literally sharing the truth...the plan to happiness! if you’re not happy...read the scriptures. if you are still unhappy serve your family look around you, feel God's love. don't let Satan put thoughts of anger, hatred, and depression in your hearts, we are children of God. we have a body and have a purpose in being on earth. we have eternal parents and because they love us with all their hearts they give us commandments to follow and by keeping these commandments we get to show them how much we love them and want to be with them again! wow! Mom and dad, we should treat you with so much love and respect, you are such great examples to me of reading the scriptures and saying family prayer and FHE and going to church no matter what! thank you for your strength in holding on to the iron rod and teaching us kids how to do the same! WE ARE STRONGER THAN WE THINK! how grateful I am to not only KNOW this but FEEL it inside!
Amanda is getting baptized This Saturday and has been receiving opposition also with her new boy friend and that's been a struggle. But God has his plan for her. and she was in the same predicament defending her religion tooth and nail 2 years ago...she said she just needed her heart to be softened! she is ready. came to church and passed her interview and right after Bishop Carruth had her come in for an interview with him in the office. she was nervous to see her b-friend's family yesterday because they had a LONG talk the night before...so we offered to say a prayer with her. she is INCREDIBLE!
getting our new converts their new member lessons has been a HUGE challenge...this week sister Taylor and I incorporated a stratagem! we are assigning all 4 (soon to be 5) new members to another member (including ward missionaries) and committing them to take PMG and within the next 2 months set up apts with the new members and teach the lessons. they are in charge of setting apts up and getting a partner to come with them. we are going to each member’s home and inviting them personally and letting them know what a HUGE influence they will be for this new member! we talked to bishop and the ward mission leader and they all like it. we pray that it works, because the rate this ward is going, we are going to need a class just for our investigators (friends) :) we are also getting HT involved with lessons!
Marisa and Jacob are doing well...slow process....Jacob going to school, and getting new member lessons and attending young men’s are all going to help him be more respectful and appreciative at home. reading scriptures and coming to church and praying we are focusing on with them!
RHIANN!!!! is new! member referral! sister Houston organized a time we could have lunch with her and Rhiann came to church Sunday! she really loved it! I asked if we could meet together for us to teach her more. and she said we would talk and stay in contact with sis Houston!!! I LOVE WORKING WITH SUCH INCREDIBLE MEMBERS!!! The power of conversion starts within the hearts of those we love. let us love our friends and just like you President follows the promptings of the spirit to follow through and share the most precious gift we have! and when they feel our love and sincere desire for their happiness...they will open their hearts and like Amanda receive the convincing power of the Holey ghost as it whispers within saying "this is home....your search is now done, now you must follow"....WOW!!! I love this gospel with all my heart! I can hardly believe I get to do this for the REST OF MY LIFE!!!!
I love you and your family, thank you president for encouraging us.
-Sister Judkins

No comments:

Post a Comment