Cuttie pie and me!

Cuttie pie and me!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees Family and I

President Pingrees Family and I
My New mission Presidents family!

I'm gonna cut my hair!

I'm gonna cut my hair!
It's way too hot here!!!!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

The Killer Scorpion

The Killer Scorpion

I thought I was going to die!

I thought I was going to die!
SCORPION!!!!!

Jacob and Mallory!

Jacob and Mallory!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Letter # 74

September 6, 2011

Thank you dad! I printed this out, and will read it again...

Family and friends,

I feel the Lord knows what's in store for me.... My heart is so full and my eyes sting because this morning at a leadership training meeting, President Pingree had Elder Hill and I bear out testimonies as the "departing missionaries" I walked up to the front of these missionaries and felt very humbled...not seeking to impress anyone or say something that is going to be remembered forever as I so often felt like that moment would be...but rather I just felt well..."silent...like a lamb.." not much to say with words, only with tears can I truly express how I feel about serving here in Houston.

I started out by saying "there is a motto the Coast Guard has: 'We do this, so that others may live'....my first thought was as missionaries...but my mouth opened and I expressed of Jesus Christ. He suffered beyond what we can imagine so that we could live...when the storm was so rough that no one else dares travel in it, our savior took the blows. Because he loves us. I testified of our saviors love, of the love I have for him and how humbled and chastened I have been on my mission, more than ever in my life... but I have also NEVER felt a more sincere desire to LOVE then here as I have served.

I want to bear my testimony to you! I know this work is eternal, it's true. I know our brother and savior love me and you, and that he did what he did for us! So that we might live! I know in my heart that missionary work is part of the eternal plan of Heavenly Father to be a type of savior for our brothers and sisters waiting to be saved. In our meeting, I felt so much warmth from the Holy Ghost that my heart could barely contain it. I knew the things being taught were true. I know that these 19 year old boys have been set apart and called of God and am fulfilling their Priesthood responsibility of serving a mission and feeding the sheep! "Tens of Thousands" President Pingree says and today shirts were passed out to each missionary and we signed our standard of truth flag testifying to our mission, god and ourselves that we will strive to honor and respect our call as missionaries as well as all the missionaries that have come before and will come after!

Elder Holland came and spoke to us 2 weeks ago and said "missionary work is the life blood of this church, it has started that way, it is today and it will finish that way..." his eyes begin to fill with tears as he grips the pulpit and continues..." and YOU DO NOT HAVE TO RIGHT to degrade those who have served before you as missionaries". Wow! My heart was pounding, to hear such words. I never thought about it like that.

I feel so deeply moved to have the support of those I love and I know love me because I have had support out here serving the Lord. I then looked into the eyes of the elders many with watered faces and I said "many of you know my younger brother has chosen not to serve... seeing you here, gives me hope. I honor and respect you for serving. I watch and love each of you.

The Book of Mormon is true; it is the word of God. It stands as a witness to the world that Jesus is the Christ that he lived, died and was resurrected again on the 3rd day and we do claim that through a living prophet Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father has again called and restored that priesthood authority on the earth. Because it was lost, thousands of years ago because of sin. Today is the day we MUST share what we know to be true. Find this conviction within yourselves. The Gospel of Jesus Christ heals all hurt and breaks down all barriers. God lives and his love for us are shown through his words. The Holy bible, the book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, pearl of great price and his living prophets today! Thomas S. Monson is a prophet for the world today. I know this to be true through sincere prayer.

We do this so that others may live....as members of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-days saints. This is our duty and if our motive is love, nothing can prevail against us!

The work is amazing. Natalie Powell is getting baptized Sept 16th!
Amanda is doing great got baptized last week and Susan got baptized the week before. They are doing wonderful! The church is true. Families are forever through God’s eternal plan!

I love you
Form here to home

Sister Judkins




No comments:

Post a Comment