Cuttie pie and me!

Cuttie pie and me!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees Family and I

President Pingrees Family and I
My New mission Presidents family!

I'm gonna cut my hair!

I'm gonna cut my hair!
It's way too hot here!!!!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

The Killer Scorpion

The Killer Scorpion

I thought I was going to die!

I thought I was going to die!
SCORPION!!!!!

Jacob and Mallory!

Jacob and Mallory!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Monday, August 2, 2010

Letter 16

August 2, 2010

Familia y Amiga’s,

This week has been incredible. I love missionary work....Mom thanks for the package :).....but HOW DID you get Katie to write on the beach ball,....you said it was her idea,....I loved it blew it up the second I saw it! So fun!!! Thank you!!! I loved my melted chocolate hmmm....I put it in the freezer with my stash!!!! :) Thank you! Loved all the love notes on the ball too!

So many wonderful things happened just in one day SUNDAY!!! Ok so miracles are being expected. I learned about fasting this week and so for the 1st time I read Isaiah 58 telling us the true order to fast and the blessings that God our Father promises to give us,. AMAZING, So for the 1st time I fasted the right way knowing the blessings promised.
1. No vanity
2. No pointing the finger

1. Light will rise in obscurity
2. Darkness be as noonday
3. The lord shall guide thee continually
4. Thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations and though shalt be called, the repairer of the breach, the restorer of paths to dwell in.
READ THIS CHAPTER: ISAIAH 58 with the spirit, and let your heart and mind be taught by the spirit!! REMARKABLE

THE CHURCH IS TRUE! I know it, I know GOD knows it and I WILL NOT deny it!

So fasting this Sunday started out normal. But then everything started to happen.
1. An investigator called us and we went over (Saturday) and wanted to come to church and said she'd be baptized when she knew it was true.
2.. We visited a less active couple who are struggling, but we had a conversation let by the spirit and little by little he will testify to them again.
3. Then we stopped by another part member and less active family (been trying for 4 months, haven’t let the missionaries in) THEY let us in! Rachel and Sean, she isn't a member, but he is less active since 10 years old. We laughed and they talked and we have an appointment with them Friday at 3pm.
4. After that we felt pretty good, but then we ran into our good neighbors Nichole and Steve (Baptists) :) they are so awesome I LOVE THEM!!! And they said our missionary boys came by and they told them that they talked to us all the time and their Baptist and not converting!! Ha ha!!! Funny...well they started asking questions out the wazoo!

Do you believe you can become like God?
Do you believe Jesus Christ is the son of God?
How do you know that Joseph Smith was not deceived by Satan, it says "beware of false prophets"
Plural marriage
Persecutions of the early saints.

etc..... It was so great!!!

We set up a meeting tonight at 7pm to answer questions and we called a member of the Magnolia Ward to come along with us, (they are not in our area) but they love us and want us to answer questions, before they are interested. They didn’t know a member was coming, they won’t mind, they're awesome. What’s really cool about this member is that he was studying to be a Baptist Preacher!!!!!! AHAHAHH!!!! How perfect yes!!! But he found things that didn’t' connect with the bible that the Baptist’s believe in. so needless to say he is also a Latter-day Saint. So excited for that! I hope they are not intimidated, I just wanted someone who can better answer their questions. PRAY!!! I love them so much and they are moving to SALT LAKE TOO!!! They are wonderful and would be incredible members, their trying to quit smoking.

EXPECT MIRACLES!!!!

I am so grateful for the responsibility we have as members of the church to share the gospel with our friends and family and those we see, DON'T be AFRAID!!! Someone is looking every second of the day...it's our job to find them, if every one of us members were sharing with everyone by example or not being nervous to just tell them that we are members of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints wow!!! The world would be taught so quickly of the restored gospel.

I love it!! Family I love you and I love the ward and my deer friends that are supporting me our here!!! How I love and cherish our kin-ship through God or Eternal Father in Heaven.

The work I feel is finally starting to pick up; my back is actually a neck issue mama! I'm having Sister Weenig (a member) help put my vertebra back in line in my neck, it's out and I have to lay down on my bed with my head dropped off the end stretching my neck to get it back into place, 3 times a day with a cold and hot pack. It hurts and now my shoulder is giving me issues, mom, what does the pain in your shoulder feel like, I will tell Sister Weenig, she is a deep tissue massage therapist and a miracle worker too.

Mom if you want to talk with her:

Betty Weenig
Massage Therapist
LMT,NCTMB, Certified Color Puncturist, MTI
email@bettyweenig,com
281-795-1782
832-422-9014

just incase you want it. she is also relief society President.

Loved your treats you sent me mom.

Oh last funny story: so we knocked in a gated community the other day and got a return appointment with this guy Efton, ha ha...well we came with members and he wasn’t' there, so we walked back to our car and then saw this guy in a black shirt come out and motion for us to come over. I was like "cool" we came over and then this guy proceeded to start yelling at me "what do you want? Why are you here" I said "we have an appointment with Efton, is he your son?" "No" he said "why are you here?" Ha ha by this point I was like, dude I just told you silly. Ha ha....he yelled more and I said we’re missionaries and he stopped me and said he pays lots of money to not get solicitations like us I said "what is your idea of solicitation" ha ha...couldn't help it...."the more we talk about this the more I don't like it"....he said. He said don’t' come back to this house. I said "ok," and stuck my hand out with my Sister Janna Judkins smile and said "Thank you" he flung his hands up and away from me like I was pointing a gun at him or something!!! Ha ha and said "NO, NO!" oh no handshake I said....ok....you have a GREAT day...see you latter! :D

I started walking back with the biggest smile on my face...then I realized my companion and the 2 members were WAY FAR AWAY!!! They were scared and said "oh this is bad, this is bad" I laughed our loud when the guy went inside and said "that's my favorite" I love missionary work, don’t' you I tolled them!!! It was the best. I just thought, he can’t' touch me, I am called of God and as long as I am following him, he will protect me. SO FUNNY THOUGH!!!! Made my whole day, the members started laughing when I said this was my favorite. Ha ha !!!! Sister Mullins didn't laugh!!!! :D oh boy, this Sunday we learned how laughing at hard things makes you happier and live longer. I better live till I'm 400!!!! ha ha!!!!

Found a cockroach and screamed and then stepped on it, it played dead and then ran right for me!!! I screamed ha ahahhaha~ but then the member sprayed some stuff on him and he died.
WINDEX kills EVERYTHING!!! Mom remember how I would spray big flies with Windex....my Big Fat Greek wedding is so true about Windex. Ok sorry for so many spelling errors.

I love this work, getting along with companions are the hardest part, the work is true and faithful and so it is of God and there is nothing wrong with it, we as the members have everything wrong with us....but it's ok....:) because through Jesus Christ we are commanded to be perfect like Our heavenly Father is perfect and so the lord will not give a commandment unto the children of men save he shall prepare a way for them to accomplish the things he's commanded!!! TRUE WORDS..... REMEMBER and don't forget. I tell myself this.

I love you all:
from here to Home

Sister Judkins

No comments:

Post a Comment