Cuttie pie and me!

Cuttie pie and me!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees Family and I

President Pingrees Family and I
My New mission Presidents family!

I'm gonna cut my hair!

I'm gonna cut my hair!
It's way too hot here!!!!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

The Killer Scorpion

The Killer Scorpion

I thought I was going to die!

I thought I was going to die!
SCORPION!!!!!

Jacob and Mallory!

Jacob and Mallory!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Letter #15

HELLO,

I love missionary work, it's hard and rewarding and worrying too! Ok, so this week was transfers, I'm staying in Tomball with Sister Mullins another 6 weeks. So far so good, hopefully we have another investigator Luke, teaches high school and is writing questions down to ask about the church. We are trying to get a hold of him and the family that is fellowshipping him.

Mom you da BEST!!! I had no Idea that pie was soooo EASYY I thought it was going to be the hardest thing in the world. Ha ha! YUM I haven’t made it YET....cause I'm getting chunky, but exercising and eating better and taking my vitamins and drinking water are all things I need to DO MORE! I'm doing great on garments, thanks mom, and I bought new shoes $17.00 last transfer that work perfect....but then just about 2 weeks after I bought them we were at an investigators house and their dog chewed up the inside of my right shoe!!! Oh I was not laughing.....they gave me some shoe goo and I squished it all in and well...I'm still wearing them and it worked great!!! ha ha!!!! Funny now, not at the time though....so thank you "shoe goo" :D

Mike was baptized and confirmed this week!!! I'm sending pictures. We were "gangster" and "crazy." I don’t' know why, but I always look like I'm barfing!! Ha ha! It was Miraculous, Mike asked if I would give a talk of baptism at his baptism and that was pretty cool. The spirit was very strong.

The song on Sunday went GREAT....BEAUTIFUL....we sang :"Oh, Lord My Redeemer" and it went great...I was nervous cause, my companion is 1/2 tone deaf (unbeknown to her, she sings SO LOAD sometimes I can't stop my self from smiling, cause I don't know what note she's singing sometimes ha ha) but it went wonderfully, Lisa Williams is SO GREAT! she has a bunch of music, (which by the way I've been practicing every chance I get, which kills my back, but what can I say....I'm an addict to the piano) I love her, she reminds me a little bit of Tasha :) so I've also been composing lyrics and music to 2 songs, taking forever cause I have no time....busy busy...you know me!

I'm going to sister Weenig who is a back therapist or something and she is going to take a look at my back tomorrow, hopefully we'll figure it out. Katie, I think you and I had the same thing happen. Your hurt faster because you were constantly using it, and mine latter cause the damage was still there but took longer to start hurting. it burns all the time now, and aches, my bed is pretty comfortable, mom your sweet to look for the padding, but I think it’s something else. Katie got a cortisone shot, and she said it made it go away, then she fell, anyways, talk to Katie, she's not doing well with it either.

This week we are kind of starting over in a way, Mike is doing great; he needs to make friends so he'll stay for 3rd hour though. And Clark needs to stay for 3rd hour and not leave with his girlfriend. Little worried, we need to focus a little more on the root of how important the promises and blessings of church attendance is.

I am feeling un easy about some things....not sure....investigators, family,....I feel like something is going to happen, I haven't slept well and I feel a concern for our investigators, please pray for me and my heart to feel the "Peace of God"

I studied the peace of god and how we get it is through faith and our good works, Alma 38:8 and then we shall find rest in the Peace of God. I know all my family is doing well and I'm so grateful for you all, and the ward, miss you mucho grande.

Oh yeah a funny thing, after Mike’s baptism we went to Lupy Tortilla Restaurant and I have like 3 Shirley temples, my companion was getting worried cause she knows what I am like after one slurpy... ha ha...she was telling everyone that I am going to start bouncing off the walls...well I guess I'm predictable, cause that's what happened....but then after I felt like I was about to throw-up all over everything....I felt soooo sick and crashed like a rocket....my companion said that sugar is my alcohol!!! Ha ha....so true for anyone that knows me!!! Rude....but true.

Oh we found a HUGE SPIDER like 8 inches big,,,,,HUGE not kidding, I swear all the bugs think that bigger is better, IT:"S NOT... NASTY!!!! I'll try and include a picture.

Investigators that we are working with this week!

1. Clark -wants to get baptized, wants to read more

2. Troost family-- called us, we're calling back today to set another lesson, 3 baptisms :D they're way cool.

3. Luke - we got a call last night from a YSA member to get Luke's #, we found out Luke is supposed to take the missionary lessons, but the elders that the family that is fellowshipping has, they have been iffy. I called them last night, late, and told them we are the Tomball sisters and supposedly Luke lives in Tomball, so we would be his missionaries....so we'll figure out what’s going on today. (My spirit got excited though for this one, I don’t' know why)

We know that these daughters and sons of God will except the gospel, it's just a matter of how and when and thought of spirit of Revelation and of God it will be revealed unto them and they will enter the waters of baptism. I'm so very grateful.....but we have to work really hard with these special investigators, the Lord will entrust to those who are and stay worthy, otherwise; without the spirit ye shall not teach! D&C 42:12.

Love you from here to Heaven (HOME)_

-Love Sister Judkins

1 comment:

  1. Sister Janna!

    I would love to chat with you! How do I do that? Love you so much...sounds like you are rockin' the Word! I knew you would be great!

    Can't wait to chat!
    Me
    Sarah Evans

    ReplyDelete