Cuttie pie and me!

Cuttie pie and me!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees Family and I

President Pingrees Family and I
My New mission Presidents family!

I'm gonna cut my hair!

I'm gonna cut my hair!
It's way too hot here!!!!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

The Killer Scorpion

The Killer Scorpion

I thought I was going to die!

I thought I was going to die!
SCORPION!!!!!

Jacob and Mallory!

Jacob and Mallory!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Monday, March 14, 2011

Letter #50

This week one of fewer actives that was very bitter towards the church from bad experiences, said she will come to church next week and 2 weeks after that go to the temple to be baptized for her mother. HUGE!!! So cool.
We found another FAMILY the LAVALAIS family. They’re so great. Very sweet. Tracted into them after dinner at a members that said "they are really nice" so member referral. Latasha (17 yrs old) said their family was looking for a church. We contacted again Sunday with a member after church and then the Duerdens (the members that live on that same street, which the Lavalais know) drove up and we talked.

Tony (the investigator, dad) said "ya know, I've always wondered the difference between Baptists and Latter-day Saints. So I'll ask you, what's the difference?"
I was thinking "where do I start"...then the spirit spoke through me, as we testified of God being are literal father, "we lived with him before we came to earth, and we were spirit children of him. He has a plan for his children and part of that plan is having prophets. God called prophets from the beginning of time, and we believe he loves us so much that he would never leave us alone. We believe in a living prophet today!" his brow furrowed and he said ok. the spirit was strong and we asked to say prayer with him, this is when the members came up, he repeated his question and said "the sisters answered my question really good, self explanatory" ( not sure why he used that word, but the gospel does 'make since' doesn’t it?) we had prayer and he said "yeah, ya'll are members of the same church the sisters said, yeah, we're going to meet with them sometime this week" Tony said. We were practically leaping to our next apt. family of 6 2-17yr olds 9yr old and 5 yr old. The Lord knows his children.

I love this work!

I love you family!
Love Sister Judkins

No comments:

Post a Comment