Cuttie pie and me!

Cuttie pie and me!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees Family and I

President Pingrees Family and I
My New mission Presidents family!

I'm gonna cut my hair!

I'm gonna cut my hair!
It's way too hot here!!!!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

The Killer Scorpion

The Killer Scorpion

I thought I was going to die!

I thought I was going to die!
SCORPION!!!!!

Jacob and Mallory!

Jacob and Mallory!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Letter #51

Hello....

So I had something HUGE to tell about a lady we tracked into and she called and sounded like a golden investigator...BUT ...the Hermana's and my companara LIED to me! it was all a trick...this morning we came to the chapel to "practice a song for zone conference" and all the elders in our zone and district had decorated the conference room with balloons and streamers and silly string and all of that great stuff and sang happy birthday, I had no make-up on or anything....it was great...then they tolled me the investigator at 2pm for her lesson (Megan Smith) was a fake!!! UGH....that stunk....but they all felt really bad...so all is well, they woke up at 4am to get this all prepared for my birthday!!! THEY"RE THE BEST!!!

Mom....I need your help. You are going to be my buddy in recording my goals for when I get home, so I will remember the inspired things I want to do ok!!! You my buddy...I miss you!!!

1. Work at the gym, so I can get a free membership and get my family in cheap.
2. Become a workout instructor
3. WORK OUT LOTS...get in REALLY GREAT SHAPE (stay active)
4. Help mom with garden, canning and preparation
5. Every week make time for FHE and 1 other day in the week for me and one sibling. (Date night)
6. Temple EVERY WEEK with one sibling (older and younger) /mom/dad/friends. (Baptisms or endowments, session)
7. Continue my personal study and companion study with siblings and scripture study with family
8. No TV Face book "MY TIME IS VALUABLE" doesn’t waist it.
9. Date night with a sibling each week!!!! BONDING TIME ;)
10. Work with "Robin's Scents & Soaps”: D and Saturdays at OFW with dad!
11. Sing in POMC with mom
12. STRENGTHEN MY RELATIONSHIP WITH MY FAMILY = my #1 goal....
13. Oh yeah, and go shopping with mom and buy a new wardrobe. (We share when I get skinny) I have so many ideas for your cute little tinny skinniness mama! You gunna be look'n super stylish! : D so save your money till I get home, so we can go get you so great outfits. Ok mom!!! Ask dad to help you save your money. YOU DESERVE THIS MOM!!! This is my BIRFDAY WISH ...k?! K! :D


I'm ALMOST 22!! Tonight at 10pm...YEAH!

Well this week has been great! Really there are miracles happening all the time. Other than our "fake" investigator! Ha! Still so sad though! We have run into and been inspired with lots of ways to further the work on the earth.

On Sunday my companion and I were asked to speak. She spoke on following the prophet and the youth speaker talked on how God answers prayers. And I felt inspired to talk on how God answers our prayers through living prophets today! What a blessing. It was very heart felt and we had GARY come to church (even though he was really sick) I bore my testimony on how 3 weeks before I left on my mission dad went in for a "procedure" for his back, and then I receive a text message from mom stating that "pray for dad, he just suffered from a massive heart attack"...I ran home and was bawling, it was hard for me to drive home, I began my talk with the simple words of a children’s' song "Heavenly Father, are you really there?" at this point I shared"

"While I was driving home I thought this to myself "Heavenly Father, are you really there? And will you answer this young child's prayer?" I was so heavy with a weight. because managing one of my dad's stores, our relationship had become very close through working together and I was feeling so confused and upset...I stayed in my truck longer when I got home and then I received a phone call from my best friend Katie, who read a scripture to me, that I have now hanging on my mission plaque...Matt 11:28-31

28¶aCome unto me, all ye that blabour and are heavy laden, and I will give you crest.
29Take my ayoke upon you, and blearn of me; for I am cmeek and dlowly in eheart: and ye shall find frest unto your souls.
30For my yoke is aeasy, and my burden is light.
I felt hot tears flowing down my cheeks as my dear Heaven sent sister read me this passage of scripture. I needed to know that in times of need I could pray and come unto Christ.

"Heavenly Father, are you really there" I then testified that I know he answers prayers and related the 2nd verse.

'Pray, he is there....speak, he is listening....he loves the children, the children of heaven..."

I learned something from this scripture, as a always do each time I read it. Christ is teaching us a sincere gift. "Become as a little child, submissive, meek, and mild" in this scripture he explains how he himself is truly the perfect example because he himself is explaining that he is meek and lowly in heart. Is he not telling us that he has become as a little child. And if we take his yoke upon us, we will find rest.

I had them look around the room at the beginning and said "I want you to take a second and look around the room at the children in here, how blessed we are to have them in our presence.”Children, the kingdom of Heaven" tears began to flow in the congregation and I felt such a warm feeling of love. As I spoke slowly and as I would if I were truly praying. "Heavenly Father, are you really there?" I know he is really there, for me and my father, for those who are struggling now, for our brothers and sisters all around the world, in Japan. And he does answer prayers. In fact from the very beginning he has called and ordained prophets.

This is true evidence of God's love for his children. We have a living prophet that leads and guides us today, and I hope that you each know that he's not just "our" prophet....President Thomas S. Monson has been called to be a prophet for the world. To receive revelation for the world. and in such a time of need as this from the devastation in Japan and warring in Egypt there is no better time that we need to let our friends and family know that they have a prophet. I know he lives and he is evidence that God loves us so much that not only does he ask us to have faith, but he doesn't expect us to walk alone. We have a living prophet. I know this church is true. I love it. And in 2 weeks he will speak to us, let us prepare ourselves now and share with everyone, is my prayer in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

It was powerful to me to speak on such a subject.

I love you all. Thank you for all you do, prepare yourself for General Conference, invite your friends, LETS NOT KEEP THIS SECRET ...It’s THERE PROPHET TOO!

Love you from here to Heaven,

Sister Judkins
(Birthday girl)

P.S. Thank you for all the letters, e-mail’s love notes, $, and prayers. You are wonderful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment