Cuttie pie and me!

Cuttie pie and me!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees Family and I

President Pingrees Family and I
My New mission Presidents family!

I'm gonna cut my hair!

I'm gonna cut my hair!
It's way too hot here!!!!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

The Killer Scorpion

The Killer Scorpion

I thought I was going to die!

I thought I was going to die!
SCORPION!!!!!

Jacob and Mallory!

Jacob and Mallory!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Letter #42

THANK YOU,

Oh man I really miss spending time with ya'll and being home. That’s for sure. I love you!
YES I GOT THE PACKAGE mama! Thank you :) 2 weeks ago about. Sorry I didn't write sooner, I've been taking the pills they are really helping and thank you so much! Mom! :) My address is still

Longmire
Peppertree apt #204
College station, TX
Same one you have!!! Thank you!

I need a pair of thick tights, colored (dark purple maybe, or something) it's cold!!! And um....stamps....hair clips....like "errand of angels" movie...like bigger bows, or clips (bigger not little ones) if you see any super cute ones :) Or if Jill or Megan want to make me one! :) Umm...mom...I love the silk tops you sent me!!! YOU WERE RIGHT! They’re awesome in the cold....not in the hot, but way awesome in the cold weather! THANK YOU!!! I LOVE THEM!!! I need to know where I should send a BIG package of my stuff when I need to ship some stuff home in a few months probably. Where should I send it, like journals, planners, letters, books, etc. umm...I'll think of other things I need latter. I know stuff is tight. So it's ok these aren’t' necessities, I just would like professional cute clips and a pair of colored cute tights to be warm....Oh and my shoes… maybe mom could you look to see if you see any good bike/ walking shoes sketchers....the other ones we bought I kept one, but the other hurt my feet so I gave them to Sister Cramer. Hers were falling apart. But I need really hard bottoms, not too much flexibility in the soles, those are best for biking. If you come across anything send me a picture ....I do need that. My feet are starting to have sores. ...:) It’s OK!!! Thank you!!! Love you.

Ok, funny...:) sooooooooooo FUNNY!!!! Last night, we were trying to contact some people and knocked on the 1st door (duplex) the next door neighbor answered to tell us he didn’t' live there and we ended up teaching her 1 1/2 hours!! And she wants us for dinner next week, but doesn't want to learn more .... Yet... :) She knows a lot though even helped send off her friend's son on his mission. Ok....not the funny. He he!!! Ha ha BAAAHAHA!!! Ok...
So remember Bob, we tracked into him and had an incredible lesson and he was crying and told us to come back any time. So we went by his house and I had to pee SUPER BAD!!! So I just said let’s ask Bob..... :) ....so (its 7:40pm) pitch black....he answers and I ask, "Hey I have kind of a funny question, can I use your bathroom? We're far away from our apartment is that OK if I use yours?"
He looks at me with a dumbfound look "ugh....I guess so..."
"Are you Bob?" I ask "No" he says....AAHAHAHAHAHAHH, I burst out laughing, "oh so you don't even know who we are~??" "Nope," I introduced us and what we do, and he said with a beet red face.
"Oh man, Bob pulled a fast one on you, he told me ya'll might be coming by."
I was laughing so hard by now with him (Mike, who was Bob's friend)...."Well can I still use your bathroom!!???"
"I guess"....I went in so quick in the bathroom because at this point I was laughing so hard I could have peeded myself.... hahahaha!!! I just laughed trying so hard not to be loud enough for them to hear.... while I left my new greenie out there with this random guy....HAHA!!! The day couldn't have gotten BETTER....then I came out and taught him a lesson and had prayer and invited him to learn more...he said no....then I told him to get Bob's address and call us and we'll send the elders to him....and pretend he has committed to baptism....Mike was bust'n up laughing at this time too! And his dog loved me A LOT so I think he really liked us too!....hahah!!! We kept laughing and we're going to bring him cookies this week with our testimonies of the plan of Salvation to say thank you.... Oh too funny! He was beet red and hitt'n his hands together say'n "oh don't worry, he'll know ya'll came here, he'll probably hear it right after ya'll leave!!! He'll get an ear full!" ...."I said well, I am sure glad we did meet you, and thanks for letting us use your bathroom Mike!...

Then we left!!...laughing all the way to our next appointment. hahahah!!!! Too funny! Don’t worry we're gunna find Bob and send the elders to him!!! :) Mike ratted him out and told us his address!! Ha ha!!! Great friends!!!

Yes I'm training, it's tough because you feel like your never doing enough, always a feeling of inadequacy and you’re not good enough in the back and front on my head. Satan is working hard. When you have a new missionary they are (in this case) very much on fire! Sister Fonua is incredible, VERY ready and prepared to be here! She has studied a lot and knows SO MUCH MORE than I did when I first came out here!!! I didn't know anything! Plus I acted sometimes as if I knew everything! ... Oh what a humbling experience. Although I have always been aware of my nothingness and God's greatness I have been in constant reminder of it with my new Greenie-Power companion. She is truly putting everything I've learned with patience and everything I loved about Katie training me and dad training me to manage the store...(they at that time were the perfect examples for me) and my mothers constant example, we sometimes just don’t' really see until latter.
Training has really put my faults right in front of my face and consistently having a prayer in my heart to my Lord and Father in Heaven. Oh how grateful I am to feel my Savior's love for me, you our family our spiritual family (all of God's children.) How I am trying with all my heart to realize the potential my Heavenly father wants me to live up to, it's hard to feel that I am so far from being who he expects and wants me to be. Everyday it seems like Satan tries to tare us down and say, "you will never reach your potential, so why even try?" Those are the times when I remember the scripture, "if all men where or ever would be like unto Moroni, the very gates of Hell would shake".....so...you would think, how hard is Satan trying to lead away the chosen and the strong and the weak as well. He wants to ruin families, wreck good friendships, and make you feel unworthy for the companionship of not just the Holy Ghost, but our savior and even our own Father in Heaven. How happy it does make me when I start my prayer with "dear kind Heavenly Father......" what a plain and precious thing that has been distorted over the years. God is our father, we are spiritual children of him and he sent us here to receive bodies, experience good and evil and choose to have faith in his son, our brother Jesus Christ that through him and the infinite atonement which he suffered for all, we can repent, be baptized by one holding the authority given to him by one who received the original power from Jesus Christ who received his by his Father. And then the Holy Ghost can be given through and only through that same power by the laying on of hands, and as we feel the Holy Ghost's promptings, we may choice to be perfected in him, we can choose our eternal salvation. Whether we will live with God in his kingdom or if we choose to not stay strong to the end, to be slothful, or lazy, or let Satan’s knot tying lies wrap us so tight we believe that we will NEVER reach our potential. When Christ is right, they’re succoring us (running to us) arms open ready to help us burst the bands that hold us bound. I know that we give our BEST....because Heavenly father gave his best....his only begotten son that whoso believeth in him shall not parish, but have ever lasting life.

Family I am so happy to be a missionary, and though times are hard, I know that our brother and savior are with me and my father in heaven is with me. When I fall and hurt and cry and don't want to get back up and ask, "why does it have to be so hard?" My father has already known that struggle and he has it covered with my older brother who was the best life this world has ever known. And yet he was bruised for our iniquities, and with his stripes we are healed. He knew many of us need something here for us, and so he has given me my family..... That will be his hands and (letters) we are his hands...he can help us feel his love, we just need to show that love to others.

I love the work, I love you all with my whole heart!
From here to heaven
-Love, Sister Judkins

No comments:

Post a Comment