Cuttie pie and me!

Cuttie pie and me!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees Family and I

President Pingrees Family and I
My New mission Presidents family!

I'm gonna cut my hair!

I'm gonna cut my hair!
It's way too hot here!!!!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

The Killer Scorpion

The Killer Scorpion

I thought I was going to die!

I thought I was going to die!
SCORPION!!!!!

Jacob and Mallory!

Jacob and Mallory!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Monday, January 31, 2011

Letter 44

January 31, 2011

Dear President,
This week has been successful in a way. We taught 34 lessons, 5 member presents, and 13 less actives and that is so great! We are working hard to get the ward more involved with the work and get them excited about getting out there with us. We have found Jasmine and Stone and Lori....a family and we are trying to teach all of them. They came to church Sunday but not the mom Lori, she was working but we are going to teach the whole family with Lori, and pray she is expecting. They all want to move forward together as a family. 1st lesson with just Jasmine went well, and they enjoyed church.

I truly am learning to love sister Fonua with all of my heart and I learned something with Bro Thevanan this week. I asked sister Fonua if she would like to follow through with this. Sister Fonua has a lot of great push to work, she wants to have success and she needs to be praised and supported. So I proposed an idea that for a week she would be the "big man on campus" she would call the shots, and be in charge of making sure we daily and nightly plan and weekly plan, for the 1st few lessons we use her ideas and follow the spirit together to know what the Lord wants. This has been a challenge for me, and for her, pushing us to a new level. Her to not feel like I’m limiting her or holding her back in what she can do, and giving her the responsibility she needs to have the experiences to teach and feel and not lean so much on me. (This has worked very well so far, we started Thursday). she didn't like the idea at 1st, but we said a prayer and invited the spirit and I bore testimony that I know this is going to be a challenge, but she learns from "doing" and as a trainer I would be doing her a disadvantage if I didn't train her to "do" what I do. To hold her to the same expectations she holds me to because she is capable of it. We will see how the rest of the week goes.

We are searching and finding and working with tons of fewer actives. Making and building the spirit and getting families to the temple!! Where it can all begin!

Since the Han’s have been sick, we've gotten to use their car a few times and wow! We've been able to have a LOT MORE success, just in getting out there more. We now have less actives out 25 minutes and so we are praying that a car will come soon, so we can have more contact with them, the ward is helping, we have a young girl that has been struggling that we use at nighttime after 6pm. 3 days a week, and that's when we have found success. Praying for a car soon, I know this area is so ready!

Thank you President for all you do and all you say to build up your missionaries. I love you and support you and am so grateful for you. I love my companion sister Fonua and am grateful we can serve shoulder to shoulder so we can grow together.
Thank you,

Sister Judkins

No comments:

Post a Comment