Cuttie pie and me!

Cuttie pie and me!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees Family and I

President Pingrees Family and I
My New mission Presidents family!

I'm gonna cut my hair!

I'm gonna cut my hair!
It's way too hot here!!!!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

The Killer Scorpion

The Killer Scorpion

I thought I was going to die!

I thought I was going to die!
SCORPION!!!!!

Jacob and Mallory!

Jacob and Mallory!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Monday, November 1, 2010

Letter #31

November 1, 2010

2701 Longmire Dr.
Pepper Tree Apt #204
College Station, TX
77845

Hello,

Its weird today I don't have much to say.

Jackie is getting baptized Nov 27th
Ha Kyu Lee is getting baptized Nov 20th

We have many people we are working with now and our days seam to race by and are full of teaching and learning and making mistakes and learning again! The Lord knows the time for each of his children.

I live with sis Cramer she is great, we get along well and laugh a lot. This week if I'm being honest has been extremely stressful and very hard crammed full of miracles and heart ache. This week I take care of my ticket and it should be finalized. I’m going to Tomball and going to talk to the DA and handle it once and for all, that will be VERY NICE to be done with....Biking is great and killing me! But I enjoy having the exercise because it makes me feel a lot happier and better. And we get to talk to so many people as we bike.

We met this atheist the other night and he was so nice, but it was crazy because he is so confused, he doesn't believe in any organized religion! Well, he needs to look in and pray and as Alma says "experiment" take just a little bit of faith or if you don't even have that, take the desire that you have to have faith and ask God, experiment upon the word and watch it grow, but to have something grow you have to nourish it, you can't just look at it and say grow! It doesn't work like that!

Sister Cramer's b-day was this week and she got TONS of mail! And we polkaed at a member’s house; well I played the piano while they jumped around everywhere...wow what a stress reliever that was! Then we climbed in the window because we forgot the key to get back into our apt and I was laughing so hard I almost ....well....that's enough.....lets just say it was a very funny day! Jackie came by and stood outside our window because it was passed curfew to give Sis Cramer her gifts. Ha! So funny we drank sparkling cider and laughed until we fell asleep! Sometimes a good laugh is all you need.

Ha Kyu is from Korea and he is amazing, he's getting baptized and them leaving back home 3 days latter, we teach all the Asian people here and wow! They are so incredible, it's hard and you have to really pray because they don't know about God and all that I've grown up with is different to them. So it's an incredible experience to teach them, well to be the instrument in which the Holy Spirit teaches them. But with Ha Kyu he is going to college and super busy but he's come to church all 3 hours for 2 weeks in a row!!! Talk about faith in every foot step. And our last lesson was great, I felt the testimony that he has and that he's growing. Now we just need him to read every day from the book of Mormon and pray. He is excited to teach his family back in Korea and he prays in Korean and wow! The spirit is strong; he said "I can't pray really good yet..." I said "Ha Kyu, I didn't even understand what you said, but you remember that feeling you told us you felt when you prayed about the book of Mormon? Warm peace fire? That’s what I felt just them as you were praying!” his eyes stared at mine for a second and I knew he was ready!

Missionary work in the best it’s sacrificing all so others that know all. Isn’t that what the savior did? Sacrificed all even his life so that we his brothers and sisters could have all....IF we wanted and followed God's commandments. If ye love me keep my commandments. Wow, the spirit of God....how inconceivable it is to me. How precious family relationships are and how sacred the temple work and blessings are to me. I am so grateful I get to be apart of this sacred calling of inviting others to come unto Christ by receiving the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism by immersion for the remission of sins and the laying on of hands for the gift of the holy ghost by one who has the authority given to him through the one and only Jesus Christ. Act 2 - prophets and apostles. Why we need it.

We tracted into a couple from "the church of Christ" and he asked me to read this and I asked him to read the book of Mormon. This day was inspired all around. After going to him (when we were trying to go to another Investigator who wasn't there) we left and were happy. Now just 16 minutes earlier we had knocked at Handheld’s door ( an investigator that I've not met yet but the sisters before me have, so and so we taught her everything, but she would not answer her door.) as we were walking home, I veered off at her apt AGAIN. (Remember we just knocked about 15 minutes earlier with no answer) well I said we need to knock on Hadley’s door again. So we did.....and guess what...? ....The door opened right as we were about to walk away again! We were able to get in with her and the spirit bore testimony of Alma 32 as I opened my mouth the spirit spoke truth. I said "to know something is true you have to have the desire to want to know, to gain that desire you pray and read and always ask god if this is true. And he will tell you." It jumped from faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things, but to hope for things which you cannot see which are true.... you must have a desire to know the things are true, to have hope you much desire and when you have hope you gain faith through prayer.

SO COOL!

Mom and dad I love you! Mom I do need more vitamins all my oils, I'm good on multi and Vitamins. C. I need all my oils. I can't think of anything else right now. I miss you all and I'm so sad to hear that Lisa Coffey is moving!!! :( My mouth dropped when I read that! And your other VT....oh so sad! But the Lord knows how we will be happy. Have faith right!? Give her a huge hug for me and tell her thank you for everything and love her.

Thank you for all you do for me, I miss you all and I love working hard, pray for missionary work pray for your friends and refer them to the missionaries!!!! Always! Don’t be afraid!!!

Love you all from here to heaven!
-Sister Judkins
P.S. my mail box has been pretty empty lately...maybe I’m learning humility.... :(

P.S.S. Thanks mom and best friend and Joe for writing me this week though, I can't tell you how much I needed your words of encouragement and love.


No comments:

Post a Comment