Cuttie pie and me!

Cuttie pie and me!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees Family and I

President Pingrees Family and I
My New mission Presidents family!

I'm gonna cut my hair!

I'm gonna cut my hair!
It's way too hot here!!!!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

The Killer Scorpion

The Killer Scorpion

I thought I was going to die!

I thought I was going to die!
SCORPION!!!!!

Jacob and Mallory!

Jacob and Mallory!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Letter #32

FAMILY and Dearest friends,

WHAT A WEEK!!!!

Worked through the issue of frustration and the Hermana's and us are good now. In fact the apt is full of fun, laughs and fire blazing candy sticks and wrappers!!! Ha ha!! LOVE IT!

OK.... MY TICKET IS DONEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1st Miracle!!! .... So my Thursday morning started at 3:30 AM got ready and left with an AMAZING couple the CLUFFS!!! They have 14 kids and 45 grand children!! I know INCREDIBLE Family!!! Love them. They were willing to take me to Tomball and drop me off at the Nix home by 6AM! Remember it's a 1 1/2 hour drive from here to there. got there and then we went to the Jail house...oh wait court house so I could visit with the District Attorney and he could then help me get this ticket off my record. So sis Nix came with me (thank goodness) and GUESS WHAT!? We find out the DA isn't EVEN THERE on Thursdays EVER and whoever tolled me that was wrong. I about sat on the floor and bawled!! ....luckily sis Nix was there to ever so sweetly inform her of my situation while I stood there looking pathetic. well the lady calls her supervisor over (betty) and we tell betty my situation that I have and I traveled and it's hard to get down here and I looked at her and said "mam, I just need to get this done with so that I can get back to the work that I do" she was so awesome, she said "hold on a minute" and came back and tolled us "there is a prosecuting attorney here and she might be able to see you, she's in the middle of a case, but I could check?" yes please!!! We said.

"She said she'd see you" WOW! Incredible. "This never happens," sis Nix said....which is so true, anyone that's ever gotten a traffic violation knows that people are almost never understanding and caring enough because they have to be so tough in this job. So anyways. We waited 20 minutes and then this beautiful (POWERFUL LOOKING) woman comes out....and called my name. She started to explain my options and we interrupted her and she very sternly said "hold on let me do my job." OOPS.....kept our mouths shut...when she was done I explained that I’d taken the safety course for this ticket, because the cop tolled me to, he took 1 1/2 months to turn the ticket in and here is my certificate for the drivers safety course. She said "oh, him....give me about 20 minutes and I'll see what I can do..." Oh boy my heart was pounding and my legs were like Jell-O....I remember dad last time I had to go to court in Oregon with a bunch of drug attics and criminals and you said ...."Do you want to EVER come back here?" and I shook my ghost white face and cried "noooooo"....well it wasn't that bad dad. But what you said kept running through my head!!~! Ha ha!!! Well she came back 15 minutes later while I tried not to make eye contact with anyone. Ha ha!! She called my name and said "YOUR FREE TO GO!!" sis Nix and I were both like ...."What?" what does that mean? Well she said "the cop took forever to turn the ticket in; you already took the course, if the case went to court it would have gotten dismissed, so I'm dismissing it now, your free to go!!!" SWEETTT!!! I about jumped and burst through the glass door before she could change her mind. I was so excited, sis nix was too cause she's been my 2nd hand man with getting rid of the ticket!! (THANK you SIS Nix I couldn't have done it with out you...literally I probably would have just stared at them blankly while my brain had a seazier.) I didn't have to pay anything more she was a miracle!!! I am going to send her a card and thank her, and if a book of Mormon is with it....then that's ok too! :_)

It was a blast to be back in Tomball, hard to go back to college station, but this week have been full of miracles to help me through it! PLUS----- 2 MORE BAPTISM DATES Halo and Yao from china! Story is later.

Jackie has had lots of opposition; her dad gave her a huge packet on anti-Mormon literature. But we talked with her and explained some things. She is good and still wants to get baptized. Her dad and mom after saying they weren't coming to her baptism said that they were going to cancel work and come! WOW!

Ha Kyu had a concern that he didn't think he could live the commandments after his baptism. He was reading 1 Nephi 31 and was worried. After we talked he said this: " Before we talked did not have confidence in keeping the commandments, but now after we talked, I have confidence"....WOW! He is doing great! Both Jackie and Ha Kyu came to church all 3 hours!

2 new baptism dates this week! Hao and Yao. Married for 1 year, Yao is the wife she wants to get baptized November 27th and he is a little tougher! But we took them to a baptism and they felt warm and she looked so happy and enthralled in what was going on! So I started to talk them about baptism and changed it by saying "when you get baptized..." then asked "do you want to get baptized?" how bout November 27th? He doesn’t think he'll be ready but she wants it. And she turned to him and said..." I want to get baptized...I want him to be with me....please!" she was so cute and it was incredible to see her testimony grow like that. Now we need to really work on them and teach the lessons. They only been taught the restoration, but have come to church 3 times. They leave after the 1st hour though the 2nd and 3rd time. So that's when he comes. We need to build their testimonies stronger together! They are from china! Here for school.

College station is good, tons of work, I LOVE IT!

Mom and dad!! I love you! Family and friends old and new I love you too! Sometimes life gets busy and frustrated like we are trapped and bound and get everything done that we need to accomplish and we feel like we haven't accomplished anything ever! Anyone ever feel like that? Ha ha! well I was thinking about that and how Nephi was bound in the ship and Laman and Lemuel wouldn't loose him until they saw that through the very power of God that they were about to be destroyed then they loosed him.
Sometimes we are Nephi strapped and bound and our ankles and wrists are sore and swollen, and yet we are bound by our own self’s. it's a battle within each of us....what is it that binds us down, why are we frustrated, sad, lonely, depressed, angry hurt what is our shackle, if you will? What binds us from being HAPPY!? Here we are in a storm the liahona isn't working all our loved ones are trying to help us, but we don't listen we wont let anything heal our heart or "loose us" why? I have learned pride goes 2 ways. thinking that your better than others, and then also beating yourself up until your so tightly tied up, that you forget who you are and the love Heavenly Father has for you as his daughter or son. I never realized that there is a difference in being humble and meek and being so low that we forget that the ATONEMENT is to make us at one with Christ so that like Nephi we can break the bans and pray for the winds to cease and the storm to cease and witness the miracle of the "Great Calm".

My heart burns when I think of Peter walking on water to get to Jesus but it's when he gets scared and looks down that he starts sinking. Jesus called to him”come" he knew Peter could do it, he encouraged him, if we keep our eyes fixed on Christ and take his yoke upon us, we will NOT SINK! if we put God 1st and get to the temple and pray with your family and study the words of God that we are so lucky to have we will strengthen our faith which then leads to the ACTION!....an incredible leader in my life said something to me one time...."did you know that bumble bees are too fat to fly? They are scientifically; their wings are too small for their huge bodies....but no ones tolled them....so they keep flying" ....what a gift...we are children of God! Literal Spirit children of God and he loves us, not because he has to, but because he just does. Our past sometimes feels heavy, but our future is magical and wonderful because we are daughters and sons of a king! It’s the times we forget that when we most need to remember it!

I love each of you so much and with all my heart! the gospel is true, Jesus Christ is our savior and brother and God is our father, he sent us here to have faith on his son Jesus Christ to repent of our sins and be baptized and receive the gift of the holy ghost and endure to the end. To know that one truth that I am a daughter of God. Not merely a creation of God, but a daughter is something I know is true. And we as members of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints are the ONLY faith that knows this truth. let are hearts be broken and humble to hear the promptings of the holy spirit let our families know of our deep conviction to our savior and to spreading his gospel that we are children of God! Is my humble prayer!

I love you, I love you, I love you.....with all my heart, might mind and strength!

Love you from here to Heaven,
Sister Judkins


No comments:

Post a Comment