Cuttie pie and me!

Cuttie pie and me!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees Family and I

President Pingrees Family and I
My New mission Presidents family!

I'm gonna cut my hair!

I'm gonna cut my hair!
It's way too hot here!!!!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

The Killer Scorpion

The Killer Scorpion

I thought I was going to die!

I thought I was going to die!
SCORPION!!!!!

Jacob and Mallory!

Jacob and Mallory!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Friday, June 3, 2011

Letter #61

Dear Family and Friends,

Ok this week has been full of fun and figuring out stuff. My companion Sister Taylor and I are great! We work hard together and play hard; we might play a little too hard. we are working on channeling our energy for good :) This week we taught and have new investigators and people we're teaching and some let us go. Ignored us! But we are here to find those that are ready, not to force the ones that do not want it.

This p-day was so fun, we went fishing at the KOA and the guy next to us caught a big turtle! :) He was fishing with hotdogs. And I was fishing with glo-worms, needless to say thawing out my hot dogs as we speak: I'm gunna catch me a big one! Speaking of fishing we have been doing some mighty fishing of men this week!

We found some potential and are working with getting to teach them and: GUESS WHO FINALLY GOT THE HOLY GHOST!!!!????

1. Holland received the Holy Ghost Sunday! And the whole family came, but then the girls went home after sac. But the dad and son stayed. The girls were sick. YEAH!!! It was really cool! The talks were so good!

4. Curtis is getting baptized this month some time soon. Maybe next week. He’s great!

2. Marisa is going to come to church this Sunday! And her lessons are going well, she is praying to know its true, but she feels like she is not getting an answer to her prayers. I know as she comes to church she will.

3. Skylar's mom tolled us to back off...she feels pressured, hasn't been to church since I've been here, feels guilty for not going and so wants to take a break from us teaching. that happened this morning and I just started to cry, my heart sunk, my eyes watered up and I felt I guess kind of like a failure.... it's so hard to work and pray for someone to want something that she says she wants, but isn't willing to do anything for it, and we can't do it for them. :( So my morning has been tough, I have been tolled that I take things too personally, but we are all family and it hurts my heart when those we love so much choice to stop. Especially when kids are raised not knowing any different.

The Montgomery ward is incredible missionaries. They work hard and are praying for their friends and family to be ready to receive the lessons! We pray for them every day to find people that are ready. As well as all of you and all the missionaries too! And I do know that God works his mighty miracles through his children, after the trail of our faith.

I feel a heavy lately, my heart is very full, I tend to get more emotional and I feel my heart is more full and tender. I love missionary work, sometimes I don't feel like I am really making much of a difference, lately I have felt this way. I have to push it away because I know Satan knows how much work there is to do here, and if he could distract me with feelings of worthlessness then he will. But I can't let him do that. This work is too important. This work is my family!

There will always be trials, but Heavenly Father chastens those whom he loves. I do believe that. At least I have felt his love during a trial, when I sit and am humble enough to hear his still small voice. Ether 12

There were many tender mercies of the lord this week too. We must see and give thanks for our blessings, so that we will recognize more when they come!

This transfer in 3 weeks we get a new mission president and sister Pingree they are bringing 6 kids and they will be filling president and sister Hansen’s' spot. I don't know what to expect, I just pray that I will be humble enough to stay strong and see the blessings and appreciate them. The church is true. I know that!

I love you all from here to heaven

-Sister Judkins



No comments:

Post a Comment