Cuttie pie and me!

Cuttie pie and me!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees Family and I

President Pingrees Family and I
My New mission Presidents family!

I'm gonna cut my hair!

I'm gonna cut my hair!
It's way too hot here!!!!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

The Killer Scorpion

The Killer Scorpion

I thought I was going to die!

I thought I was going to die!
SCORPION!!!!!

Jacob and Mallory!

Jacob and Mallory!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Monday, July 5, 2010

Letter # 10

(A letter I sent to Prez Hansen,

Thought you might enjoy it!! )

WOW, what a week. It's crazy I got here and sis Mullins was sick the first 2 days, but we still had God put work in front of our paths, and I know there are miracles waiting and ready to happen. So many things I found out.

1. We have 1 ward missionary -looking to get 4-6

2. The sister before stopped going to PEC and Ward correlation....we are starting up this week to stay.

3. TONS OF LESS ACTIVES-ready to possibly come back...needs love (VT and HT need to be used more)

4. so many part member families

5. BIG ward....not missionary minded ... YET!

6. Tomball have really been over attracted and possibly under served. It's like 2 parents (missionaries) with Lots of kids.... (Tomball area ward, old inv, etc.) they want and need that attention from someone, to feel the love and fellowshipping in action...our goal is to get that fire started.

It's a different area here, more reserved, we have to start small, sincere to gain the trust of the ward and L/A and investigators....starting small in a camp fire and building it with a strong foundation keeps the fire burning longer, brighter and stronger, rather than throwing gasoline all over and waiting for it to burn off and die out. I feel that the ward has GREAT potential, as missionaries we need to 1. strengthen the relationship and communication with the leadership in the church and us as missionaries, that way we are not doing it by ourselves, because we can't and even if we start a fire, it wont stay...we can't burn out the ward.

I’m truly excited, exhausted and feel honored to be here. Little by little Tomball WILL feel the fire.

Sister Mullins and I couldn't be more different, Patience is a task I must learn in this companionship. I have come to respect the things she holds so dear to her, and support her in decisions she makes.

Last thing....I learned 2 days ago, we were squabbling over an idea I brought over from Katy area I called it "Missionary Member Lessons" she felt we should teach the members one thing and I thought another, I was upset because I felt the spirit strong and she said she felt the spirit strong.....I literally stopped talking in the middle of a sentence and started writing and finishing our nightly routine, I went to bed and didn't talk to her, she did the same. I was then studying the New Testament (I finished the book of Mormon June 15th...it's TRUE) and came across Matthew 5 about agreeing with your adversaries quickly so as not to be in their way....I sat and prayed to Father in Heaven. and told him why I was upset and asked why I was upset, it's so silly...the impression came...AGREE WITH HER....ugh...I thought at first but then the thought came: it doesn't matter WHAT you teach it only matters that we get in their homes.

IT WAS WAY COOL! I know that it was inspired!

Thank you President Hansen, sorry it's so long. It’s going to be a trying transfer with lots of lessons.

Sincerely and love,

Sister Judkins

No comments:

Post a Comment