Cuttie pie and me!

Cuttie pie and me!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees Family and I

President Pingrees Family and I
My New mission Presidents family!

I'm gonna cut my hair!

I'm gonna cut my hair!
It's way too hot here!!!!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

The Killer Scorpion

The Killer Scorpion

I thought I was going to die!

I thought I was going to die!
SCORPION!!!!!

Jacob and Mallory!

Jacob and Mallory!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Letter #14

Thank you!

Mom and dad thank you so much for your letters of encouragement, I am so very blessed to have parents that have taught me and continue to teach and support and lift me up in my times of hardship when Satan works on us the most. Thank you for the packages and letters, mom I LOVE THAT SCENT!!!! You are amazing! it smells so good, I try and save it, wear it on only special occasions, but I feel prettier with it on, so I wear it practically EVERY DAY!!! It’s the BEST!!! (Nacho libre) ha ha!!! Did you pick that out yourself? FANTASTIC.

Investigators:

1. MIKE----BAPTISM 24th, 2010 YAHOOO!

1. Clark-------- good almost there

2. Troost family--------excepted soft commitment (when you know it's true, will you be baptized?)

3. Mayo family-------need to contact, great, happy, somewhat interested.

4. Billy Truitt--------little by little not really progressing yet.

5. Furnando--------2nd lesson on Thursday, interested slightly, game a BOM

6. Mary and Abel ----------brother died, helping dad for 2 weeks, 1st meeting with them in 2 weeks. (Billy’s neighbor)

Ok Mike is getting baptized this Saturday at 5 pm. he is going strong and I talked with him last night about Clark (his friend dating the Mormon girl) and sis Mullins and I decided that we would teach temple and Eternal Marriage again because Clark was in jail when we taught that...ha ha....so we are teaching that on Wednesday and our desire is for him to feel the spirit touch his heart and have his own desire to forsake his past sins and feel worthy for baptism, because he does want to merry Krista and has already bought the ring, he told mike he wants to merry her in the temple. but Mike is worried he is doing this mostly for Krista, so this Wednesday we will teach of eternal marriage and temple : the house of the Lord. I received a prompting last week to teach temple, we did, but Clark wasn't there, I know we are supposed to teach him of this eternal truth that is what God's plan is central to.

This week has been interesting with many different small miracles, but I've been struggling this week with staying positive and excited about working, feeling overwhelmed and anxious for something. I'm grateful to know all is well at home. :) All is well here, just at times challenging.

Ok this week. We met with the Troost family AMAZING....we taught the restoration and asked the father, "When you find these things to be true will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized?" he said yes. He’s looking and wanting to raise his kids up in the right church, he said our church is very different from any other one he has researched or investigated. Ha ha! Go figure. I got thrown REV 22:18 three times last week and well, look up D&C 20:32

I've felt the Lord needs me to understand 2 things lately:

1. God is real, and has a body....and Jesus Christ is the son of God, 2 separate beings.

2. The Bible and the Book of Mormon are the same WORD....nothing more, nothing less.

It’s funny how people throw Rev 22:18 at us and points the finger with the book of Mormon and how it's adding to the bible, well God has something to say to those people. 2 Nephi 29 you have got to READ THIS!

Rev 22: 18 whoso taketh away or addeth to the words in this book shall be cursed---more or less---

Nephi 29:8 Wherefore murmur ye, because that ye shall receive more of my word? know ye not that the testimony of two nations is a witness unto you that I am God, that I remember one nation like unto another wherefore, I speak the same words unto one nation like unto another, and when the two nations shall run together the testimony of the two nations shall run together also.

Amazing why do we as man feel that we are smarter than God. I have come to realize also that God's plan WILL NOT be frustrated, it's perfect and straight and narrow, we know what we should do; now we need to do it!

As a daughter of God, I need to DO what the father expects of me, nothing less, nothing more.

As members of the church and as priesthood holders (for worthy men) we are called to the work. For the field is white already to harvest and whoso thrusteth in his sickle the same shall be saved in the kingdom of God. Josh, Jac, John, Joe and Jed, I'm grateful for the examples you have been to me as worthy priesthood holders and future holders, thank you Josh and Jac for serving a mission and doing what you promised the Lord to do when you received the powerful Priesthood Authority. Thank you for living up to it and following the service it encompasses, and being worthy to give blessings to your families and to me and dad too, I've learned that too many men and women do not know what it means to have the priesthood authority, when you received it you promised to follow the service intertwined in it in D&C. I've learned that when you receive this holy order of God, you promise to serve the church in many different ways, giving of your talents to further the kingdom of God, (do you hide your light under a bushel, no, but on a candle-stick) I have come to understand this is not meaning do we perform and fix cars better than anyone else, but rather, do we use are God given talents to further Our Father's Kingdom on the Earth, if not...we are hiding our light....and burying our 1 talent. Which he will take and give to one that has many). Serving a mission is a promise priesthood holders made when they were blessed with that sacred ordinance. Yes it's not good to go begrudgingly, but I know my brothers...very well...and I know that my brothers need to be out here...John, Joe, Jed the Lord needs you, and he expects you to be ready and serve with all your might, preaching the gospel two by two with the voice of a trump....wow! Boys I cannot tell you how strongly I the Lord loves you and he wants to know that you love him, by keeping his commandments we show we love God. Don't let anything get in the path of your duty as Holy set apart Priesthood leaders of the church. John, Joe I love you, God loves you, now "arise from the dust my sons and be men" you are called to the work. John, Joe stand up and fight with the power of God which you hold, fight this battle against Satan which is REAL and do what you were born to do...BE WHO U REALLY ARE...and are expected to be....

....I'm SO PROUD OF YOU my brothers....now begin, John it's time. you have 7 months to prepare...FIGHT WITH HONOR my brother! You KNOW what you’re CALLED to do!

I love you all from here to Heaven

Your daughter, sister, friend

Sis, Judkins


Forgot, tons of changes are happening, zone meetings are 4 times a year and interviews too instead of every 6 weeks. And president is going to be with us more personally now and additions to preach my gospel is coming out too, on how to teach better and more like the Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment