Cuttie pie and me!

Cuttie pie and me!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees Family and I

President Pingrees Family and I
My New mission Presidents family!

I'm gonna cut my hair!

I'm gonna cut my hair!
It's way too hot here!!!!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

The Killer Scorpion

The Killer Scorpion

I thought I was going to die!

I thought I was going to die!
SCORPION!!!!!

Jacob and Mallory!

Jacob and Mallory!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Monday, July 5, 2010

Letter #8

Family and Friends,

To be ENGAGED in the WORK!!!! Wow!!! What a week, crazy. Thank you for the letters, mom, and thanks for being my eyes and ears.D ha ha!!! I am realizing every day that I am more and more like my parents go figure....how that happened... thank you for sending me letters :) I smile HUGE when I see my letters covered with "I love my missionary" on them!!! I remember when mom you were in the office every week all I remember was you covering letters with hearts and teddy bears and Return with Honor stickers ha ha!!! :D I love that the name on those letters now, are now; Sister Janna Judkins :D BIG SMILE!! THANK YOU!! Missing my family every day!!!

Mom, Dad, Tasha, June, Grace, Peter, Josh, Erica, Brody, Aiden, Jacob, Meagen, Jacan, Page, Jill, David, Lydia...CLAIR, John, Joe, Julie babe, and Jed!!!! I love you all so much!!! I wanted to name everyone out today!!!! I put all your names in the temple each time I go!

Ok AWESOME WEEK! Full of crazy stuff! 1st I was reading 3rd Nephi 9 GO READ IT!!!! Its right after Christ died and before He is resurrected and shows himself to America. WOW! The gospel is true! I don't want to be those who are met with God's anger; there are so many people that forget that going to church is IMPORTANT!!! So important. 1st when you partake of the sacrament you are washed clean of your sins each week, yes like your being re-baptized, you are covenanting with God to keep those baptismal covenants and take his name upon you and always remember him. I challenge each of us to take a small thing... THAT WE ARE NOT DOING WELL...and make it important this month. I can't tell you the difference I see with people that have such strong testimonies but they don't go to church. My hearts breaks, literally, because God knows if we were able to get to church or if we made an excuse. "Come to me, and I shall give thee rest"....Sunday is the day of rest set apart because our Heavenly Father knows each of us, our strengths, our weaknesses and he blesses us for making the sacrifices to come to church, read our scriptures with family and personally, to pray continually and with our family, Sacrifices...."God so loved the world that he gave his Only Begotten Son and whoso shall come unto him shall not parish, but have everlasting life". Do we really truly understand that partaking of the sacrament is excepting his atoning blood to purify our imperfect lives, so that one day after we have fulfilled our time on earth and partook of the atonement to become clean we may enter into the Celestial Kingdom of God, the ONLY place where families can be together forever! And where we can be truly happy, knowing that we "made it".

I want you to know of my testimony of Jesus Christ and his Atoning Sacrifice,

"Therefore, whoso repents and cometh unto me as a little child, him will I receive, for as such is the kingdom of God. Behold, for such I have laid down my life, and have taken it up again; therefore repent, and come unto me ye ends of the earth, and be saved" - 3 Nephi 9:22

After Christ had said these words among others, there was ...silence.... when I read this chapter, my heart burned my eyes began to see, my mind was quiet and my soul knew at that point. I know my savior died and suffered for our sins so that we can become clean and live with our Father again. "No unclean thing that enter into the kingdom of God". But this is the sad part. Our father in Heaven would take all of us back, he wants to, he yearns to and I know he sheds tears when his children that he's watched grow, and taught through his servants :(earthly parents, brothers and sisters, temples, scriptures, prophets, church leaders, good friends, etc.) Fall short, and "forget" or "make other things more important". But most importantly I KNOW my savior LIVES. And because he lives, so shall we, if we

1. Have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ

2. Repent and use that sacred gift of the atonement (you will suffer even as I....)

3. Baptism for the remission of sins.

4. Receive the Holy Ghost by the Priesthood Authority of God.

5. ENDURE....enjoy....to the end. :)

I love you so much and I except nothing less then when we pass and are able to meet God our father. I want him to point to his son, and say "you know my beloved son, Jesus Christ." and he will say "This is Janna, my sister, who has used the atonement and followed me, father I will make her clean through her faith...Father receive Janna into your arms forever and as I pass to go home I will see my family waiting for me, all in celestial white, and the smile on all our faces will simply say...

"....We made it...."

Nothing less you hear!!!!! Nothing.... I want my family forever all of you. The amazing thing is, I know this is how each of us feels in our hearts. WE are the JUDKINS! :D and nothing ever stopped us, and nothing ever will, as long as we fight with GOD on our side and let any things that we were or are offended by GO!! LET it go. There is too much sometimes in our family, getting offended and keeping hold of it. "If we judge, we have no time to love." I have had to learn this 100 times over and still with my companions, but we had a lesson on Sunday of not getting offended, and choosing the road of overwhelm them with LOVE. That’s what I need to do when I feel offended, which is sometimes daily!! image trying loving someone that doesn't love you....then I thought....maybe they feel like I don't love them.....so why would they show love to me... you see how that works. Neither of us felt love from the other. Charity is the pure love of Christ. The ultimate Christ like attribute. Sharing, caring, loving, HUMILIDY.

As you can see it's been a great learning week for me. I am so grateful for it! Though hard, my father knows me.

Ok real quick.

1. Rachel set a new baptism date as June 24th

2. Jose still wants to get baptized, no date now, but he is doing GREAT!

3. Latoya is Amazing we see her on Wednesday and we hope to set a baptism date, well, at least that's my plan. She’s sooo ready! Her baby is so cute with her little fro.

4. Transfers next week, Sis Davis are leaving, guessing Sister Smith and I will stay together. WAHOOOOO!!!! LEARNING TIME.....

5. RIDING MY bike in 100% humidity is SO MUCH FUN!!!! -----I better get skinny from it-------

6. Crazy, awesome day Sunday, missing people, crazy were staying with members for FREE, working off their rent, they were "homeless" and have been treated with so much charity and love and they went missing 6 days ago, we came over (we do service and visit regularly w/ them). We did some detective work and found crumpled notes and all their stuff was 1/2 gone, everything was packed and they were gone, pots out and dirty, lights on, stunk like smoke. we found a package that was overnighted, so we looked up who it came from and I picked the phone up and quickly dialed the number.... oh man... this women said she hasn't sent anything she’s been getting calls from all over the world about these fake checks, her identity got stolen and she didn’t' send anything....I was SUPER FREAK'n out!!!....SO COOL!!! But sad yes. Then she said open the package and we did, it was a check for $4,030 AHAHAHAHHA!!! Can anyone say TUISION!!! ha ha!!!

Ok so then we went to church, everyone thought maybe they were kidnapped or dead or something, I said she left for good, and she won’t be coming back. I knew it! Anyways, we went to church and then after taught some people, as we drove past, we saw police cars AWEEE!!! SWEET I said, so I got my companions and we called, and came over to the member’s home, where they stayed at (in their apt). She was so shaken up, a police man drove up as the same time, and I was like THIS IS CRAZY!!!Where’s my tazor....let me at em.....let me at em....the member found the blog of the lady's daughter, oh boy, you guest it!!! Called her the devils advocate and that she should have died in the 9-11 attack!! That her house will drown and something will happen to those who have wronged her, not by her, but by god. And said she was a SLAVE....and will not stay one more day, scary Hugh!? Yes, well the member has 3 boys and was shocked! Cray psycho people pray for this family, and for these two ladies’ they are very messed up and ungrateful and lazy, but they are still children of God and pray that they will be distracted with other things. (They didn't have a car, they had someone come pick them up. sketch, I know.

PRAY, for God protects his children.

7. Lots of great moments this week. The lord lives, god is our father, and missionary work is AWESOME! Can’t wait for the younger 4 to get out here. John, Joe, Jed and Julie babe!....

Ok I love you; Ive got to go family and friends.

Love you so much,

Sister Judkins

1 comment:

  1. Janna,
    You are so awesome! You inspire me with your faith and love. It's so hard to not be offended sometimes by what someone may say or do. What a great lesson. Thanks,
    Kathleen Sahli

    ReplyDelete