Cuttie pie and me!

Cuttie pie and me!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees Family and I

President Pingrees Family and I
My New mission Presidents family!

I'm gonna cut my hair!

I'm gonna cut my hair!
It's way too hot here!!!!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

The Killer Scorpion

The Killer Scorpion

I thought I was going to die!

I thought I was going to die!
SCORPION!!!!!

Jacob and Mallory!

Jacob and Mallory!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Monday, July 5, 2010

Letter 11

June 28, 2010

So this week has been AMAZING!!! We have 3 new investigators 2 boys ages 20 and 25 a women names Cilia with 5 kids and pregnant! She is so amazing! We tracked into her when we were trying to get a hold of her neighbor Jerry (crazy Indian man) he was never home, so when I saw them playing ball outside their broken down house and laughing I had to come over and see what the fun was! We talked and we gave her "Finding Faith in Christ" DVD in Spanish and said we would come check on her again. This was when I first got here! We visited her weekly after that and sometimes 2x's in a week. 2 days ago we came with the Spanish Elders to deliver caramel corn with a scripture "With the faith as a grain of mustard...nothing will be impossible unto you" and then we sang "I am a child of God" all the verses! We said we love her, and hope she gets better and then left. (I had called her earlier and she had said that she was at the doctors, she was sick 7 months pregnant too). Then last night we went to go visit Jerry AGAIN....he was there, talking on his phone and shooed us away with a fling of his wrist. NO problem....we walked right over his lawn to talk with Celia who had family and her kids were playing soccer smashing their faces in the dry dirt of her front area. She was so happy to see us...like we were old friends, she was open and her kids were now used to seeing us and trusted us more. She continued to show me her 9 month old baby girl and we ooded and awed at her cuteness!!! ADORABLE! I asked so did you and your family get to watch the DVD I left with you? She said her kids did, but she hasn't yet, she said they don't know much about God of Jesus, and she was excited to set up a date on Sunday to teach a lesson!!!! what started with us just being her friend, and caring for her and her kids has grown into a deep love for her and an excitement for us to teach her, so far I will tell you how the lesson goes on Sunday!

Clark and Mike are the other 2 investigators and they have been coming to church for 2 weeks now and we taught them last week, watched the testaments and they watched the restoration video with the members (Clark is dating a Mormon girl and Mike is his best friend, also friends with Mormon girls brother....our concern is that Clark is putting on a show for the Mormon girl he's dating...not sure yet....

Mike seems more interested.) We teach them tomorrow, they both received a book of Mormon and we challenged them to read 3 Nephi 9-11 and pray about Joseph Smith and the book of Mormon to find out their truthfulness. They both agreed they would.

Billy is 76 lives in a broken down trailer with 6 dogs!! So cute, he is pretty awesome, we teach him tomorrow with a member (who is very missionary focused about 6-ish years old) Billy didn't believe in the 3 kingdoms and that Jesus created the world (thinks God did) but he also said there were other people before Adam and Eve came, they their family married, but when we showed him scripture explaining that 2x2 the sons and daughters of Adam and Eve separated and multiplied and replenished the earth, he excepted that and we moved on, so I think if we back up what we teach with doctrine he will except other things. (He reads the book of Mormon and the footnotes too!) He’s so cool, always with a smile, and god fearing man! We took him caramel corn yesterday and sang "I am a child of God" and "Families can be together forever". He loved it!

This week has been a blessing in many ways because I've been really sick...not sure what it is, allergies or something....sinus headaches, pounding clogged up, yucky.....so I have been taking some stuff to help and I tried Clairton one day, but that night I had it the worst, I know mom is about to strangle me through the computer! :) love you! I need to take my vitamins, I know, I am going to when I get home. But any other suggestions would be helpful!

I am very homesick today :( which isn't the best, but my back is constantly in pain and this sickness is really taking it out of me, plus other stresses of companionships and investigators and old things I need to learn to let go of. I know my savior lives and loves me and each of you, don't let old things get in the way of the miracles that are before you, don't let them blind you into thinking thoughts of self loathing or frustration or anger or sadness, remember everything that leads you to believe in God, or I will add leads you to be truly HAPPY is of GOD, anything that leads you to be sad, or stressed, or apprehensive, or non-trusting or worried cometh from the one who laughs in the faces of those he has deceived. The lord knows my needs as he does each of your needs, "how oft do I gather you, as a hen gathered her chickens, and you would not..." Are we the ones that because of passed experiences "will not" come to the Savior when he calls us to perform out duties!? Will we be willing and able to fulfill our FULLEST POTENTIAL? I know that I want to be, everyday I put my name tag on, it's no different than everyday I woke up before I had the nametag and you too! We are all members of the TRUE and only FULLY RESTORED church of Jesus Christ. we have the Gospel restored to us through constant revelation of prophets and apostles how are ordained of God, all men who are worthy that hold the priesthood (the Power of God, to act in his name) received it originally from the one and only true son of God, our savior and brother Jesus Christ. There is no other way whereby men can receive Eternal Life and Exaltation. For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whoso believeth in him, shall not parish, but have ever lasting life.

Mom, Dad, I love you so much, I miss you more that words can describe, my heart aches right now for you and my dear family whom I love and miss every day! your letters and love and gifts of encouragement are so soothing to who I am, and although tears roll down my cheeks now I know that the work which I am doing is the work God intends each of us to do, I now understand maybe a little how the savior felt when he said he had no place to go to call home or rest his head. I know that God calls every worthy priesthood holder to serve in the field, for behold the field is white, all ready to harvest, and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with all his might the same layeth up in store that he parisheth not, but bringeth forth salvation to his soul. Oh my loved ones. I feel so strongly to add something, which at this time I fear I should not. But remember the Lord's love and read the Saviors words, for they are TRUTH! They are talking of the things to come, the end is near, and those of us who are prepared SHALL NOT FEAR!

I love you all so much,

From here to heaven,

Sister Judkins

No comments:

Post a Comment