Cuttie pie and me!

Cuttie pie and me!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees Family and I

President Pingrees Family and I
My New mission Presidents family!

I'm gonna cut my hair!

I'm gonna cut my hair!
It's way too hot here!!!!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

The Killer Scorpion

The Killer Scorpion

I thought I was going to die!

I thought I was going to die!
SCORPION!!!!!

Jacob and Mallory!

Jacob and Mallory!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Monday, July 12, 2010

Letter #13

July 12, 2010

Hello Family and friends,

Ok this week has been full of excitement and CRAZY spiritual experiences....1st thank you mom for the package I loved it! And thank you for the letters and so forth family. I love you Mucho GRANDE!!!

Ok so on Tuesday we challenged Mike and Clark to get baptized on July 24th, Clark said he needs to pray and tell us latter, but Mike said, "Yes, but I'll have to get off work!?" AHHH so AMAZING!!! So Mike is getting baptized July 24th and Clark said he might take a little longer to figure it out. Mike has read the gospel principles book in a day and knows about chastity and the word of wisdom and knows the things he needs to change, he has been sober for 1 month now and doesn't smoke, he is so cool, quick guy, but yesterday after church we got to see a whole new side to him.

Ok so Sunday, Clark had cut some guy off (on accident) and the guy fell in complete road rage and started following him and swerving and being, CRAZY- Clark saw him reach down for something and roll down his window, so Clark (having his girlfriend in the car...and well...this is TEXAS) pulled out his gun....well at this point the cops came and arrested both the road rangers and Clark (in the church parking lot) did I mention that! Ha ha! CRAZY....Mike went out and pulled out his gun because he saw Clark with his and he got cuffed too....but was released. Clark after lots of paper work and luckily his father had come down to visit was taken to the county Jail and I walked outside right out to the cops and shook their hands and asked "so what's going on? Is it all good, give me the down low!" leave it to me to get up in the action! WAHOO!!! My companion was like "ugh.....no" and stayed behind....they were pretty cool. But Clarks girlfriend was bawling and the dad (HUGE man, cowboy Santa, he's called here) was upset. He’s still in jail as far as I know, but they’re calling in favors and they’re all "brothers" (Masons), which we learned more about this week. There are tons of them here. Watch'n out for each other and doing well for their fellowmen. Anyways, AWESOME CRAZY!!! So the 1st big impression the ward gets of Mike was very interesting....5 police cars....guns.....road rage....oh boy.....hopefully it won’t be a huge drama thing. But it was the most exciting thing all month!!! But Mike was cracking jokes and talking about all the things he's changing to be baptized..."I read your book"....he said....I know the rules. Ha ha! So cool!

What’s interesting is that Clark said he needs to know more, he knows it's true, but he doesn’t want to make a quick decision just yet...I couldn't help but think after this all happened that maybe the lord is telling him..."if you know it's true, then follow me" so who knows what will happened when this is all sorted out. 1. We have 2 meetings with Mike this week, and Mike and Clark will both be here Thursday for our 1st lesson getting them ready for baptism.

Sister Mullins and I have been having ups and downs, but there has been success, companionship study is extremely important. If you are frustrated with someone try a companionship study (1 hour) with opening and closing prayer and a song. It will work...we are working on new investigators we have quite a few potentials, and are sifting through them to see who is ready. Trying hard to keep trust with the ward, I learned that if we offend someone be quick to repent and ask for sincere forgiveness and don't do it again. LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES....this is smart....learn and don't do them again.

Celia is slowly getting switched to the Spanish elders, she's asking questions and things, she needs to know that what we are teaching isn't just good or important....but essential and everlasting, the fullest of the gospel that will bring us back home to God our Heavenly Father.

Mom, good job keeping your "church journal" (remember how you said that) ha ha.....I can't wait to read all your inspiration when I get back! We’ll swap when I get home. I love looking back and realizing that '"wow I was 12 when I wrote that" the lord works in great miracles to those who have eyes to see and ears to hear. D&C 42:14 so awesome I studied this morning, how funny the bishop’s son talked about it. Read the chapter and you’ll love it. Mark 6 too. The spirit comes through the "Prayer of Faith" and if we don't have the spirit with us ye shall not teach. Incredible! Isn’t it! How do we get this spirit...through not just a prayer but rather a prayer of FAITH!

Ok question for everyone to answer!! On my blog or in a letter to me!!! Or e-mail.....what is FAITH??? ........... To you! .............and what is a Prayer of Faith, to you! Those of you that know my moms e-mail just e-mail to her and she can send to me as well.

I know that my savior lives, I love him, he is my brother forever and always, he's prepared and sanctified the way for each one of us as unworthy as we are to turn to him through faith, and repent of our sins daily, go to the waters of baptism and be immersed by the Priesthood power of God, and receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands. And let us not forget Endure to the end. I know that without prayer and faith nothing else will be possible unto you. I know that it is through a Prayer of Faith that a boy of 14 years knelt down in the grove and asked god his question, HE KNEW....he had a prayer of faith, if he did not read James 1:5 where it says "If any of you lack wisdom (which he knew he did, and we also like him do to, don't we?) let him ask of God, that giveth to all men LIBERALY and upbraideth not, and it shall be given him." The spirit spoke to Joseph to understand this scripture, he knew God was his loving Heavenly Father and despite the popular concepts of the day, he decided to listen to the scriptures and ask God. I know Joseph Smith saw God the father who introduced his Son Jesus Christ as two personages, and they indeed spoke to him and through the power and Authority of God, the Fullness of the true gospel was restored....not the ONLY TRUE gospel....but the FULLNESS....was a gift....we know it, mom and dad I know the seed that you planted in my heart is growing right now, because I can feel it. I want you to know that this is what the spirit does for anyone who is looking, searching or praying to know. And by the power of the Holy Ghost you shall know all things.

Dad, with work, you are inspired and worthy to receive revelation because you are called of God to hold the priesthood, and through prayers of faith, which I hope you know I pray for you always, all things will be revealed unto you. it's funny this morning I was looking for my cord to put pictures to ya'll today and I couldn't find it, we were running late and I was looking EVERYWEHRE, then it hit me....say a prayer Sister Judkins.....I quickly knelt down and prayed a quick prayer....knowing....that it was my desire to find my cord to send pictures home to my family and friends....well although I looked everywhere before I prayed within 5 seconds of finishing my prayer I looked in my bag in the closet and my cord was sitting right there. How incredible. If we pray...knowing that the Lord will show us the best way or to figure out how we could do things the best he will.....if we tell him our sincere desire and the reason and talk with him. In this case work, we need to earn money so that we can support our very large family who you have raised in the gospel and have been incredibly blessed beyond description. This is our desire, these are our ideas, have a family council, talk and gain ideas through the spirit, LISTEN....dad I want you to know how you have changed me when I would tell you an Idea I had and you would praise me and tell me what a good idea it was and would use it!!! I felt on top of the world. Dad you are the hands that will carry out the solution, but God is the inspiration and the movements within you. I KNOW that YOU will know through prayers of faith and the power and honor not only of priesthood, but fatherhood too, the things that you should do,

1 Nephi 3:7

"For I know that the Lord giveth no commandment .... Save he shall prepare a way that he can accomplish it"

Providing for your family and multiplying and replenishing the earth is a commandment (proclamation to the family) .....HE WILL prepare a way!!! I know.

WHERE IS OUR FAITH FAMILY!.........RIGHT HERE!!!!

I love you all so very much,

Love you here to heaven,

Love sister Judkins

No comments:

Post a Comment