Cuttie pie and me!

Cuttie pie and me!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees family and I making funny faces!

President Pingrees Family and I

President Pingrees Family and I
My New mission Presidents family!

I'm gonna cut my hair!

I'm gonna cut my hair!
It's way too hot here!!!!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

I'M GETTING MY HAIR DONE!

The Killer Scorpion

The Killer Scorpion

I thought I was going to die!

I thought I was going to die!
SCORPION!!!!!

Jacob and Mallory!

Jacob and Mallory!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Sister Donken and I!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Me and my new dew!!!

Monday, July 5, 2010

Letter #9

Crazy week!! Ok so I am getting transferred to Tomball, Texas:

29807 Tomball Parkway

Park at spring creak

Apt# 376

Tomball, TX 77375

OH YEAH BABYY!! I was so not excited when I first heard I was moving, 1st because I had so much Ice cream in the freezer and I knew I couldn't take it with me, I would have to either EAT IT ALL or share it or leave it!!! :( so you know what I did....no I didn't eat it ALL....I shared, and I'm gunna eat the rest!!! Ha ha!!! And share some more. And because I heard that no one wants to go to Tomball, everything I heard about that place was bad, lots of nothing happening there. I love tracting and talking to people and finding God's children who want to hear about the Gospel, and as I have said before we don’t do enough talking to people. well, I guess Our heavenly Father has a since of humor, and that's why I'm going to Tomball "tracting central" with a companion that is known as the "Liahona" I hear she is a lot like my MTC companion. :) We will come to love each other and teach with the spirit, I know it. Because that is why we are here, to teach and share the spirit with those around us!!! so I'm more excited now, I've said goodbye to Katy 1st ward, (which was hard, I absolutely love this ward and have made some life long friendships that have taught me so much) at first I thought, maybe I didn't do anything here, and the lord is taking me out to just throw me in Tomball, but my mind has since then changed, and my heart needs to be full of faith, and love because when you judge there is no room for love!!!

Ron is doing so well, he is an investigator for about 7 months or so, and he quit smoking, drinking (used to be an alcoholic) and now working on quitting chewing. But I just head that he is going to surprise is wife and be baptized before his fishing trip in August!!! AHAHAHAH!!!! He’s Freak’s AWESOME!!!! I love this guy. He’s going to be a great asset to the Lord's church, to help bring others to the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and find Eternal Life!!!! I'm so grateful for him.

Jose is going to jail for a while (unpaid tickets) needs to quit social drinking and smoking weed (medicinal purposes, so he says) when he decides that is important he will be baptized.

My companions are AWESOME, I'm going to miss them, Sister Smith and Sister Davis have taught me MUCH....trying and not trying....God works in mysterious ways to mold his children into the person he knows they can become. I called the mission office today and Sister Chestnut said she keeps hearing good things about me and gets so excited about what I am doing....I was shocked....me? Really? What am I doing? I there hasn’t' even been a baptism? Were my thoughts, but wow!! That made me feel like the Lord knows me and out of 150+ missionaries, the mission office and president Hansen and his wife and the Chestnuts and Young’s and Walkers. I love them....they remind me of my parents, always wanting me to live up to my potential, but lifting me up when I am down, or low. I'm so grateful for that!!

We had an interesting meeting last night, with a couple that believes that everyone has a predestined life, everything is already set (devils plan, no choices) he believes that we are not all children of God, but rather he called people who’re Gods’s Donkeys....I know.....my heart sunk....I felt jittery and shaking the last 2 hours before they even got there...I thought it was my blood sugar, (happens sometimes) but when I got up and left to say a prayer (while sis Davis and him were almost bible bashing) literally both had pulled bibles out and are fighting with "their own interpretations" no one can win with interpretation vs. interpretation./...so I left and knelt in the hallway and prayed, asked God what I should do, I dismissed Satan, and continued my prayer, the feeling of calmness came with a warm "whoosh" all down my body, and then a voice "they are not ready now...." so I said, what do I do? Nothing really came except to talk with the quitter (2years married wife 2nd marriage) and yet highly opinionated too. I felt that to show frustration is wrong, contention is of the devil, and if it is being aroused the time to teach is over.....wow....those are not my words....wow....I'm grateful for living prophets that lead and guide us, not with his opinions or interpretations, but through the power of God, Priesthood!! My brothers and the men that I love out there, PLEASE stay true the priesthood and be strong always!!! Because it is the power of God that makes the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints true. It sets it high above the rest. Why? Because it's God's church! His gospel and his plan of happiness. :D I'm so grateful. Well, this was a good experience for me, because it teaches, and you know it takes 7 times until someone will expect the Gospel. You don't know if you’re the 1st, 4th or 7th....what are job is to teach and share our testimony with EVERYONE we meet....we don't have to preach, just share a small something. An invitation to learn.

Examples speak loader than words. (Thanks mom and dad) SO TRUE!!! Hey family invite numbers to learn. Fellowship those less active. (Carefully and following the spirit, bring them to good activities, don’t' go with them to things that will not increase your testimony in Jesus Christ and his atonement). 1/4 of the members of the church are less active, we need to reach out to them and love them. Friendships....everyone needs them!!! Be one...and you will have one!!! I say this with so much love in my heart, I with I was better before I came out here. SO Important!!!

Thank you for your letters. and testimonies: John, I want to tell you how your testimony strengthened other missionaries... during last District meeting we had a spiritual thought testimony lesson and they were asked to share an amazing change in our testimony. I shared about what you wrote to me little bro. of how you have ALLWAYS KNOWN! And when you were Joseph Smith in that play thing years ago, how you came to me with so much excitement, you wanted to be perfect...and John you were! Perfect for that roll, perfect faith in which Heavenly Father is, and the roll he wants you to play. You know that roll, I don't have to say it because I know my brother, and you know me. I love you more than words can describe, I want to see you happy Johnny boy. That will never change. Happiness comes from searching diligently in the scriptures and praying mightily to God. WE ARE the JUDKINS....NEVER SURENDER!

"I never said it would be easy, but I did say it would be worth it...."

Dad, I feel impressed to tell my worries for you. I can't tell you how many tears I have shed for your health, and also mom's. Mentally, and physically. I have been extremely sad that you can't eat the foods you could before; I know that would be so hard for me!!! SO HARD, and I can try and comprehend. I don't want you to be sad, I pray for your heart to strengthen all day every day in my heart. And the heart of our family to bind together "tight, like unto a dish". Daddy, I miss you, my heart has grown tender for you than I've ever felt. I want you to know how much I love and respect you and am so flabbergasted at how you started the Business out of NOTHING. (With god's help yes). Your example to me of how a leader should lead is overwhelming and yet, simply beautiful, and I am reminded of your example regularly. Dad. I want you to enjoy every day, I am grateful that you had this happen, because if not, you wouldn't be here! And I wouldn't have my daddy to write to and say funny things to, and be excited to see tears in his eyes when he sees me get off the plane when I come home from a 1 1/2 year mission in Texas. DAD!!!! Stay strong! BE happy, you are my dad!! You’re always happy, and you have mom!! Mom and dad, I'm so blessed to have you both, alive and WELL, and sooooooooSSOOOOOO HAPPY!!! Mom, your strength in the story of your life is breathtaking and makes me want to be more like you every day!! I can't tell you how much I miss you!! Sometimes I pray that I can feel your hug, or you scratch my back or you lying next to me watching TV on your bed late at night. Or just being together. I LOVE YOU BOTH SO MUCH!!!

Thank you for all the pictures, Lydia, Jed, Julie, and John Joe. :D I see how mom slept all those pictures in PERFECT!!! Love your poses in John's graduation!!! Mom you look HOT!!!!! HOTT MAMA!!! Not even kidding, DROP DEAD GORGIOUS!!! Dad, you’re lucky. Love your hair mom, very cute. Dad I'm so glad you cut your hair, you look so good!!!!

John looks way too old, Joe is still silly. LOVE IT! Well I guess we all are yes!! Ha ah!

The church is true!!! I love t!!!! AMAZING!!!! I love you all!!!

LOVE YOU FROM HERE TO HEAVEN

-Sister Judkins

P.S. My mission president and his wife are AMAZING, they are kind and gentle and President always asked how I'm doing and asked about my family and my dad how you are doing. He shares scriptures and he actually worked with hearts for 25+ years. He said people who have heart attacks live longer most of the time and are happier, because they have had a wake up call and realize the simple fun facts of life and family and it changes their life. I know it's changed my life. And you too dad, but I was so grateful he said that. How interesting that he had all this background with hearts and he's my mission president!!! Can you say INSPIRATION!!! Thank you LORD. He took us out to lunch the other day and I started tearing up, because I remember going out with dad and mom and they were tears of joy. I love him, and I guess they talk about me at the mission office or something, I don’t' know. Ha!!

Get ready TOMBALL.....here comes SISTER JUDKINS!!!!! .....be afraid, be very afraid. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment